Cryogenic LNA Development
World-Class Engineering Skills in Ultra Low Noise Amplification
Cost Effective R&D Solutions
Callisto is able to leverage this experience to explore the next generation of opportunities in weak signal detection and amplification, and respond to collaborative R&D projects and R&D outsourcing needs.
Unifying Deep Knowledge in LNA / MMIC Design, Cryocooler Integration and RF Feeds
- Callisto brings together the latest component developments from sources around the world in RF amplification, cryogenics and RF feed technologies.
- Callisto is able to bring to each R&D project original solutions that are analysed from all technical, commercial and operational perspectives including RF performance, thermal performance, cost, maintenance, upgrading and antenna integration .
R&D Backed By Unrivaled Longterm Systems Operation Experience
- Callisto is able to bring 20 years of field maintenance experience to bare on the strategic analysis of R&D approaches.
- Our hands on knowledge and in-house systems testing facilities brings clients engineering solutions that can be supported by exceptional practical knowledge.
Previous Cryo-LNA R&D Projects
Miniature Cryo-LNA - Ka-Band
In "turbo" mode the noise figure is significantly improved (by a factor of 3) compared to "normal" mode by cooling the LNA circuit. The intended application of this LNA is for critical data communications, when it is necessary to boost the performance of the receiving system for certain periods of times.
- Boost the noise figure in "Turbo" mode down to 0.5dB
- Mitigate communication degradation as rain
- "Normal" mode = Ambient operation
- Satcom applications military and civil
- Satcom on the Move (SOTM)
- No servicing due to low operating duty cycle
- Robust cooler used in military equipment
- Adaptable to other frequency bands