Ultra Cryogenic LNA
For Deep Space Communications and Radioastronomy / VLBI Applications
Ultra-low noise amplifiers are necessary for satellite missions where link margins are critical, for example for Deep Space Missions. The use of cryogenically cooled LNAs can provide improved ground station G/T at a fraction of the cost of increasing the antenna diameter.
The refrigerator used to cool the amplifier down to 15Kelvin, is designed for continuous operation with service intervals of more than one year.
- Ultra low Noise Performance
- Incorporate filtering for TX protection
- S‐Band through Ka‐Band frequencies
- Single or multi channel/bands models
- Using Callisto's patented technology for vacuum and insulation performance
- Can restart without vacuum pump after a power outage.
- Simple and Quick Maintenance
Frequency Band* and
[Noise Temperature - NT]
|S‐Band (2.2-2.3GHz) [NT - 10K]
X‐Band (8.4-8.5GHz) [NT - 11K]
Ka-Band (25.5-27.0GHz) [NT - 28K]
Ka‐Band (31.8-32.3 GHz) [NT - 30K]
Callisto Ultra Cryo LNA Dewar (Single, Dual or Tri-Band)
Typical Installation Site:
ESA 35m Deep Space Antenna
*Extended frequency ranges are possible - corresponding NT performance graphs available on request.
The system is supplied with:
- Helium Compressor and associated flexible gas lines
- PSU Drawer
The use of a sleeve design enables the User to replace the refrigerator without opening the sealed enclosure. The replacement can be carried out by the user after a Callisto training course. The down-time is reduced to less than 12 hours.
- Single or multi-channel/bands (up to 6 channels in 3 bands)
- PC based monitoring system
- Vacuum pump
- Built-in test equipment for noise measurement
- Input/output switching redundant configuration
- Operations and maintenance training course / DVD
For more information, pricing or custom options, please contact us